TAX Free wine supply for yachts
If you qualify for a tax free wine supply for your yacht charter, then please contact us and we will start the process.
- All orders for delivery outside the EU
- Orders within the EU with a valid EU VAT number and for delivery outside of the issuing VAT number country and outside of France. (e.g. Maltise VAT number, delivery in Spain)
- Inside the EU if you meet the following requirements.
- Tax free goods destined for consumption during the period of a valid charter contract, are available to commercially registered yachts, employing a permanent crew, providing the yacht leaves the port within the 48 hours following delivery of the tax free goods. And you must supply the following documents.
What we need from you…
- A copy of the Ships’ Papers clearly stating the vessel is commercially registered.
- A copy of the Charter Contract
- A copy of the Crew List
- A signed and stamped copy of a commercial attestation
The Customs Agents fees for processing a tax free delivery are at least €199. Therefore tax-free delivery is only worthwhile when the tax on an order exceeds €199 – usually a minimum of €1,020 for a wine and spirits order or €3,620 for soft drinks.
Please note that due to Customs constraints we need at least 48 hours’ notice to carry out a tax free delivery. We will also need to be informed at the time of placing an order whether a tax-free delivery is required.
It is forbidden to consume goods bought under tax-free conditions alongside, and we cannot deliver tax free goods to static charters. It is also forbidden to disembark goods purchased under tax free conditions unless payment of the local taxes has been paid to the local authorities.
Tax on deliveries cannot be reclaimed retrospectively.
WHERE DO YOU STaND
Our guide to tax free wine orders for your yacht. Where do you stand on paying VAT, we offer our years of expertise to try and explain this complicated area simply.
Frequently asked questions
Being commercially registered does not exempt you from paying VAT. You must meet the requirements as listed above.
Only if the wines have had the VAT paid. Otherwise it is illegal to disembark tax free goods in the EU from the vessel.
Under certain circumstances, yes. Please get in touch so we can check to see if you meet the criteria.
Under certain circumstances, yes. Get in touch to see if we can help.